B2B purchase behavior has changed. It’s unpredictable, dynamic and it’s just about impossible to reach decision makers when they are ready to buy. This makes the job of a marketer a rough one. B2B buyers are sophisticated, well-educated, and skeptical about marketing. They install ad blockers on their browsers, they block calls from numbers they don’t recognize and they rarely, if ever, click on paid search results. Oh, and they never read press releases. They basically avoid any type of human connection with a technology provider until they are ready and on their terms, but enough with the sob story. Let’s talk about how you can overcome these minor challenges and be the bad-ass marketer you were meant to be.
Do these 5 things and watch the magic happen:
- Build an audience–analyze–activate the content engine
- Adopt the opportunistic media mindset
- Spend more on paid, even if you work in PR
- Build a newsroom; powered by storytellers
- Look beyond the Content Marketing buzzword
Read the full article on Adweek here.